- Prime Minister
- Minister of Environment and Energy
- Minister of Citizen Protection
- General Directorate of Forest and Forest Environment
- Hellenic Police
! Till today, more than 1.500.000 acres were burnt down. Thousands of animals of wild fauna burned alive, thousands of species of wild flora damaged, while disastrous fires continue across the country.
! We demand that immediate measures are taken for the protection of wildlife species and biodiversity in Greece.
We align with:
- the demand of the Chamber for Environment and Sustainability for a total ban of any use or activity in the reforested areas except reafforestation.
- the demand of SaveWild – Network for the Protection of Wildlife for a 3-year hunting ban in the whole country and at least in regions hit by fires. Apart from Evros, hunting must be also be banned in Attiki, Viotia, Evia, Fthiotida, Magnesia, Rodopi, Korinthia, Rhodes, Corfu, Andros, Kea, Kythnos and in every region which has been hit by fire or will be in the future. Also, in regions with endangered species. For instance, in Chios the local hunting club demands that hunting is restricted for the protection of the limited number of partridges.
Despite the hunting ban in Rhodes and Evros, hunting still continues. That’s why, we demand:
- direct intervention of the Hellenic Police for safeguarding of burnt areas.
- Tightening of controls and introduction of more severe penalties for violators.
The aforementioned are the minimum measures to be taken for the protection and regeneration of ecosystems after those disastrous fires.
- Immediate decisions for our nature’s rescue.